luxuriously creamy hummus
Hummus is such a perfect food to have, on the go or at a dinner party. In fact, its so great that everyone surrounding the Mediterranean Sea seems to claim it! What is so great about it you might ask? Well it's high in plant protein (arguably the healthiest), filling, delicious, and apparently ridiculously easy to make! Read on to find out...
- 250 g canned chickpeas
- 1 large lemon
- 60 ml tahini paste
- 1 small garlic clove, mashed
- 2 tbsp allio olive oil, (extra to drizzle on top)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (extra for serving)
- salt (to taste)
- 30 - 45 ml water
- To make your hummus insanely creamy, concentrate on whipping your tahini to begin - squeeze out the juice of one lemon and add to food processor along with the tahini paste. Let process for 1 minute. Manually stir for a moment, then another 30 secs of processing.
- Add allio, mashed garlic, salt, and cumin to the food processor. Blend for 30 secs, mix, then another 30 secs (add extra allio if you desire extra creaminess and mediterranean flavours).
- Prepare your canned chickpeas by rinsing them - add half of the contents to the food processor, processing for 1 minutes then mixing.
- Add the rest of the chickpeas and process for a couple more minutes.
- To achieve a softer consistency where chickpeas are fully broken down, add a little water and blend continue this until consistency is perfect.
- Take a shallow bowl / plate, dollop your hummus onto it, keeping as much air in as possible (don't overly handle or flatten out) and drizzle with allio concentrating on creating a pool in the middle). Top with cumin and serve!
This recipe is written by Joanne on Inspired Taste, and is notorious for its creaminess! (3)
If you are running out of allio (we know you are), then order now!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published