Whenever you find yourself looking for something that tastes luxuriously elegant, but seem to have no time/ingredients/inspiration, I promise this recipe will fulfill your desires...
The reason why spaghetti with garlic, olive oil, and chili flakes is so delicious is because the taste is in the simplicity; the delicate flavours balance out to give a luscious mouthful:
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp allio
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 2 handfuls of grated parmesan (optional)
- salt & pepper (optional, to taste)
- peel the skin off the garlic cloves and cut them into fine slivers
- add the spaghetti to boiling salted water and cook for about 8 - 10 mins
- when you see the that pasta is still crunchy but close to finishing, being preparing your other ingredients - add the olive oil to the frying pan alpong with the sliced garlic and chili flakes, and fry until the garlic has golden browned.
- when the spaghetti is ready, drain it (save some water) and add it to the frying pan to toss with the other ingredients on a medium heat
- if necessary, add more water and olive oil (the spaghetti will absorb this)
- finally, add the chopped parsley and grate parmesan (salt and pepper to season) before serving!
Running out of allio? Worry not, purchase here!