spaghetti oglio, olio e peperoncino
Whenever you find yourself looking for something that tastes luxuriously elegant, but seem to have no time/ingredients/inspiration, I promise this recipe will fulfill your desires...
The reason why spaghetti with garlic, olive oil, and chili flakes is so delicious is because the taste is in the simplicity; the delicate flavours balance out to give a luscious mouthful:
- 200g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp allio
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 2 handfuls of grated parmesan (optional)
- salt & pepper (optional, to taste)
- peel the skin off the garlic cloves and cut them into fine slivers
- add the spaghetti to boiling salted water and cook for about 8 - 10 mins
- when you see the that pasta is still crunchy but close to finishing, being preparing your other ingredients - add the olive oil to the frying pan alpong with the sliced garlic and chili flakes, and fry until the garlic has golden browned.
- when the spaghetti is ready, drain it (save some water) and add it to the frying pan to toss with the other ingredients on a medium heat
- if necessary, add more water and olive oil (the spaghetti will absorb this)
- finally, add the chopped parsley and grate parmesan (salt and pepper to season) before serving!
Running out of allio? Worry not, purchase here!
So excited to see that the olive oil is now available on Amazon.